This is the most comprehensive and useful guide to Enterprise Voice in Skype for Business Server 2015 ever written.
It’s also the only one.
If you are responsible for the roll out or support of Enterprise Voice in Skype for Business Server 2015 (or Lync Server 2013) then this is the book for you. This book covers every core feature in detail complete with a hundreds of screenshots and PowerShell examples. Topics ranging from adding a voice gateway to your Topology to enabling brand new features such as Shared Line Appearance are covered.
Each chapter walks you through all of the background, detail, and steps required to full understand Enterprise Voice. The book culminates with a chapter walking you through a complete, real-world Enterprise Voice scenario which will help you apply the concepts in the book to your own Skype for Business environment.
This book provides detailed information on…
- Configuring Dial Plans
- Defining Voice Policies
- Deploying gateways and trunks
- Adding Routes
- Describing what the heck a PSTN Usage is
- Enabling voice features such as Call Park, Group Pickup, and Unassigned Numbers
- Creating Dial-in Conferencing numbers
- Configuring your end users
- Designing and planning for survivability
- How to test and troubleshoot Enterprise Voice
- A primer on Regular Expressions
- Detailed breakdown of call flow within Skype for Business
Note that this book is also valid if you are running Lync 2013.
If you are running anything older, you’re hosed. But you probably already knew that.
If you would like to read a review of this book, an honest, unprompted review can be found here.
(Note: reading the review requires a LinkedIn account. An offline version can be found here.).